All About It
All About It
I am a recent graduate from California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA) with a Masters in School Psychology. As I took on my internship, I realized my audience of stressed individuals who staggered into my office were not students but in fact, teachers. The overwhelming amount of stressors described and tears from teachers of all ages and experience made it hard for me to ignore. It caused me to reflect on the immense exhaustion teachers are consistently challenged with. I also realized then what would become my career path.
With the demands placed on teachers, current school climates do not embrace social contexts and the interactions that come with being a teacher or in a position of shaping the minds of the future. Encouraging and understanding the importance of their position and how valuable they are to our society may cause teachers to teach with a different mindset and attitude. I seek to shed light on a snapshot of teachers’ lives outside of the classroom and the toll this position takes on their lives as well as how that is then projected into the classroom.
Teacher well-being must be examined and considered in order to foster a healthy learning environment. My research investigates the impact of work stress on educators through the means of critical research. The topic of teacher stress is aimed at the general public with the intention of bringing awareness to teacher well-being in order to improve the quality of the classroom. Through this research, I hope to expand the scope of what comes to mind when one thinks of the causes and consequences of stress on teachers and their classroom. Ultimately, there is a mission to create a wave of interest and consideration of teacher well-being when considering the future direction of our society.
"No one is more important to the future of our statethan our teachers."
I invite teachers and all interested in bringing contradictions into the consciousness of society in order to initiate development in how we consider teachers. I wish to use social media as a venue to reach large pools of those affected by this issue (i.e., the world). Inadvertently, this type of awareness may positively infect the impressions set forth to the students in each of the classrooms across the nation, recreating a new school climate that embraces all citizens of the system.



Your post is so exiting! mine is boring don't read it. I try too hard :(
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for you to begin your research! You know at least one teacher whose well-being is a bit shaky. :)
ReplyDeleteI wish you could sell your creativity in vials so you can pass it on to me. I am always impressed by how your mind works in how you present your ideas.
ReplyDeleteThe green is very calming. You know they say only geniuses pick green ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the compliments ladies. I am so excited about this website I found for copyright-free images.
ReplyDeletehttps://pixabay.com